We all need a little support at times, so here are some sites that I found useful and are great to look at for advice. Also just to be able to relate to them!
OCDaction-A national (UK) charity for anyone with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD). Providing help & support through our helpline, website, advocacy services & more.
- Main Website – http://www.ocdaction.org.uk/
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/ocdaction
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/OCDAction
OCDYouth-An OCD guide for young people.
- Main website – http://ocdyouth.org/
- Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/OCDYouth
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/pages/OCD-Action-Youth/191967644324309
Mind – We’re here to make sure no one has to face a mental health problem alone.
- Main Website – http://www.mind.org.uk/
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/MindCharity
- Facebook – http://facebook.com/mindforbettermentalhealth
OCD-UK-We have a mission, to show those affected by Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder that there is hope, and that recovery is possible.
- Main Website – http://www.ocduk.org/
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/OCDUK
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/OCDUK
Living With Me and my OCD-Living With Me And My OCD a personal documentary about OCD. Featuring individuals and the Director it demonstrates the lack of awareness.
- Main Website – http://livingwithmeandmyocd.co.uk/
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/ClaireWatkinso2
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/LivingWithMeAndMyOcd
Kimberly Quinlan’s (A licenced Marriage & Family Therapist) Monthly Mindfulness Podcast – http://kimberleyquinlan-lmft.com/podcast-blog/
The podcast offers helpful tips and mindfulness tools and includes mindfulness meditations specific to those who suffer from anxiety, OCD and OCD Spectrum disorders.
Jamie Fletcher – Mental Health Advocate, a sufferer of OCD, Depression & Crohns. Blogger of the aforementioned conditions. Creator of ‘MentalHealthSupport’ website & ‘ChinoImages’
- Main Website – http://mentalhealthsupport.zxq.net/
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/chinorossioc
- World Mental Health Day Video – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZflM7zl0_yQ&feature=youtu.be
Great blogs to look at:
- Blog – http://twaarp.wix.com/twaarp
- Blog – http://compulsivflyer.wordpress.com/2013/07/08/ready-willing-and-able-an-ocd-patients-guide-to-cbt/
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/compulsivflyer
OCD in the Family (Angie) –
Shania (FightAgainstOCD) –
Silence – OCDTalk
- Blog – http://www.ocdtalk.com
Awesome report to consider reading –
Annabelle’s Dreams and Other Stories – Help support a writer who strives to help others in their struggles and recovery.
Tell me if you find any other helpful sites that you want me to add! I will be adding to this as I find more and more great sites.